Wednesday 30 September 2009

I LOVE ALDI

An Aldi opened up close to me about a year ago and I have to admit I was a bit (very actually) snobby about it. It had always been sold to me as the poor relation to Lidl but it was now my closest supermarket I was going to give it a go. I fell in love for so many reasons:
  1. It is always quiet and with two toddlers in tow this is how I want it. They only have one person on the till but they do try their best if it is really busy to find someone else (not always though). I promise them waffles to get them around and then feed them as we are walking around.
  2. There isn't a huge amount of choice. This could be seen as a negative but it truely isn't. It speeds the whole shopping experience up. There is less to be tempted by.
  3. The Super Six. They always have a a selection of fruit and veg on offer for fab prices. You don't have to spend your time looking for them inbetween everything else because that is all they seem to have and most of it is what is in season.
  4. Great cheese and ham selection (they are German so they are good at it).
  5. Frozen fruit mixes from crumbles and smoothies.
  6. The best frozen cakes around. My mum, who is a brilliant cook, told she has had a cake almost as good as Aldi the other day. My answer was why to bother to go to the effort if they cook it that well. They are packed with fruit and there are about 4 different favours to choose from of my favourite Speciality Range Cakes.
  7. The Speciality Range is brilliant. It is not Tesco Value pricing as you would think but it is a lot cheaper than shopping the Finest/Taste the Difference/M&S ranges and the quality can be as good.
  8. The nappies are brilliant. I saw unother Mum in there buying 3 packs and I thought I would give it a try and they are the best around so well worth a try for both the money saving and how well they work.

I could go on and I will over the next few posts. I have a meal to post that I made last night from my Aldi Super Six buys.

No comments:

Post a Comment