Sunday 6 June 2010

Signed Nigella Lawson Book


Luck was with me today when I bought a second copy of one of my favourite cookery books to take to our holiday home when I realised that it was only a first edition signed copied!!! I do love Nigella Lawson, her writing and her cooking. She makes you feel completely at ease in the kitchen and in her earlier books like having a friend to chat to about what you were going to make for tea. In all my excitement I forgot to say that for this great puchase I only paid £1. I also bought two other cookery books, a Nigel Slater and a Claudia Roden. I would have bought more but my husband was there so I stopped myself. It was like going back in time to the 70s cookery book shelf, lots of books that my Mum has (I didn't buy them that reason, she has them so I can "borrow" them from her).


I also bought a few Agatha Christie. I only really like them second hand with that doubt as to whether you will get to the end and it will be there and not lost (this did happen to me once and I had to get it out of the library to see what happened). A good day out at the Donkey Derby in Twyford.

No comments:

Post a Comment